rss
email
twitter
facebook

26 June 2008

Short Skirts



My big question for the day: What is the trick to wearing relatively short skirts? Its all fine and dandy when one is standing up, but go to look at a clearance shoe rack near the floor and suddenly, you are in danger of showing your lady bits! And yet, I see people rocking them all the time. Of course, I am not talking about the ubiquitous frayed denim look (see left). Those kinds of people just need to go find a hem for their skirts, ASAP. I was thinking more along the lines of "I just found this at a Prada sample sale, and it is dih-vi-ne," or "The last good skirt in Goodwill--it is mine!"(like on the right, not wild about the boots, but how does she SIT?!---From Facehunter)

Since skorts are not to be found any longer, and indeed, conjure up awkward images of your kindergarten teacher (but not mine...she was Japanese...mostly wore slim pants, years ahead of her time), are the only solutions to either wear ridiculously cute tap pants or not sit down (or both)? Thoughts? (although just starting out as a blogger, so, I don't expect replies now...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dearest Eileen-
You are the definition of fabulous. The end.
I find the rule to be (when it comes to dresses, anyway) that the lower the neckline, the longer the dress. Thus, this can be applied in vice-versa. If a woman is wearing a short dress or skirt, there needs to be conservative dressing on top. Cardigans, scarves, etc. Also, tights are a wonderful answer.
Denim skirts + leggings = NO. I love ranting about this with you all of the time.
All my love,
Andie.