rss
email
twitter
facebook

17 July 2008

Couture: Chanel

Lots of interesting cutting and plays on the classic Chanel look in this collection. I personally was a bigger fan of the more classic pieces, and not so big on the more inventive styles.
I like this jacket


This suit is classically cut


not feeling this one, though...

There seemed to be a lot of fur, although I liked the cutouts (appliqué?) on some of the pieces. I definitely liked the dresses that were shown, Chanel continues to do good work with the classics, which are my favorite pieces. Very architectural, with the interesting shaping of some of the skirts (again, not my favorite...) although as style.com pointed out, it would probably be completely different to see all of these garments up close, and to be able to see the material and workmanship.


I like all three of these dresses, although they have very different feels. The first is very classic, but with the interesting details it takes to make it pop. The neckline is also very clever, making the architectural statement without the overblown shoulders of some of the other pieces. The second dress, I am not such a big fan of the sleeves, but the fabric looks like it would be so interesting to look at and touch! I definitely would want to get up close and inspect all the work that went into that one. And the third is just..fun.

A note on the hair and faces: I thought they actually detracted from the pieces, although they followed the building-esque theme. It seemed too harsh at some times, and a little dark.

No comments: